Thursday, June 19, 2008

Lazy Blogging

I haven't felt much like blogging, lately. I don't know why, although maybe the stupid thesis is the reason. Stupid thesis.

Lots of stuff has happened since we got back to Belgium two weeks ago.We reunited with our beloved chicken truck.We went to a Belgian wedding where they served us SEVEN courses and I was so full that I couldn't EVEN EAT the second dessert... I ran over a pigeon in the car (sort of horrifying, but mostly secretly satisfying). There were threats of angry disgruntled farmers taking over the city and policemen in riot gear and giant water cannon trucks all over our neighbourhood. We saw the Indiana Jones movie and I saw the Sex and the City movie... Out of any of those events I could cobble together a blog post, but, meh...

Here's lazy blogging at its finest, pictures from our recent travels...


Here's Bermuda...
Andy and Roddy sober


Andy and Roddy less so...

Artistic shot of the vacationing Zip on his scooter via my OWN scooter's rearview mirror. Très fancy, I know...


Funny shot of our bobble heads in our scooter hemets. I was impressed that Bermudians even HAD a helmet big enough for Andrew's enormous melon. The man has a large, large head.

Beach shot, but far enough away that pasty white flab is strategically hidden.



After Bermuda I went to CANADA where I toured around visiting peeps.


First there was MONTREAL





(I don't know why these shots are little, and I don't know how to biggify them, but it's probably just as well, because I haven't asked any of these people permission to put their photos up on my blog. That's just how lazy I am being.)

Then CHELSEA


Where we did it up "Tector Style" (ie peer pressured Susie into drinking, talked loudly and shriekily and were in bed by 10 pm).



Then HALIFAX


When the small boy's parents saw this shot they got grumpy with me because the small child is, according to them, too close to the water's edge. I'd like to point out that I have never claimed to be the "good" babysitter, or even the "fun" one. I am the one you call when you've got no one else, or when NanNan is incapacitaed by a violent stomach illness that she got from your OTHER child, so maybe you shouldn't get so judgy about my techniques. The boy didn't get wet, did he?!?!


Then TORONTO


Downtown Toronto. Holding the shoes that are too painful to actually wear.

And of course, OTTAWA


The reason we were in Canada in the first place,
Cait and Harry's weddding
(No actual shots of the bride because I am pretty sure she wouldn't like it if I posted them here, even in little-afied form).




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why aren't there any stories/photos/anecdotes of the Dolly Parton concert in Kilkenny?????

Anonymous said...

where are you now/ i can,t find you1 Still at the D.P. concert?

Anonymous said...

We do like your hat-and Andrew is sooo handsome.