As I've documented before we've forgotten the camera at home, remembered the camera, forgotten to charge the batteries, remembered to charge the batteries, but left them in the charger, and when we have actually remembered everything, we've taken some really bad photos:
Fuzzy, impenetrable photo of weird Christmas concert in Liege, December 2007:

Random one of Andrew staring into the oven:

Weird, out of focus one of my hair:

Unidentifiable African animals, taken from a distance -- the result of being the only people on our safari who didn't have a telescopic lens

So it should come as no surprise for the vast Beer and Waffles readership to learn that we have now achieved the inevitable pinnacle of photo ineptitude: We've lost our camera. Somewhere on the sand dunes of Normandy is our crappy little Nikon filled with poorly taken and out of focus shots of our trip to Mont St Michel, Juno Beach and all of the rest of it.
That means that our recent Easter trip to the Loire Valley was entirely photo-free. I have to say it was quite liberating. While everyone else was jostling to get the perfect shot of Chambord, Azzay le Rideau and Chinon, we just strolled along, enjoying the views and not worrying if our hair looked more insane than usual or if our shirt made us look fat (well, maybe only one of us was actively NOT worrying about those things...)
We're not going to buy another camera before we go home... Everything is cheaper in Canada and since we'll be home in little over a month, we don't see the point. You definitely discover your inner cheapo when you're about to leave a place. We ran out of salt two weeks ago, but I refuse to commit to another big box. That means that we've been living on slightly flavourless food since then, but it's probably better for our health. We also need more laundry detergent and I'm wavering on that... Surely we've got enough clothes that we can cycle through them all without having to wash new stuff. I'm also annoyed because I foolishly bulk bought an enormous amount of toilet paper. I'm trying to go through it as quickly as possible (I'll spare you the details) but it's hard going.

2 comments:
those are hyenas.
Toilet paper gets used up a lot faster if you introduce your neighbours to some Canadian pranks ...
We "lost" our camera too, left behind on a park bench at the end of a day of touring a theme park, with our entire day's photos on it. Unfortunately that photographic evidence of its owners didn't inspire anybody to turn it in.
Post a Comment